My role is to help clients navigate the emotional, practical, and legal aspects of separation/divorce in a healthy and constructive manner. Here are some key points about what a I do:
- Emotional support: Separation/Divorce can be an emotionally challenging experience. I offer a safe and supportive space for clients to express their feelings, process their emotions, and develop coping strategies.
- Communication and conflict resolution: I work with clients to help them improve their communication skills and manage conflict effectively, especially when it comes to co-parenting and negotiations with their ex-partner. I provide guidance on how to have productive conversations and find common ground.
- Goal setting and planning: I assist clients in setting goals for their post-separation/divorce life and developing a plan to achieve them. This may include creating a budget, exploring new career opportunities, or establishing a co-parenting arrangement.
- Co-parenting guidance: For couples with children, I can provide guidance on co-parenting strategies, helping parents create a healthy and supportive environment for their children despite the separation/divorce. I can assist with creating parenting plans, managing conflicts related to child care arrangements, and addressing any concerns or challenges that may arise.
- Resource and referral network: I have a network of professionals that I can refer clients to, such as family lawyers, therapists, financial planners, or mediators. I can help my clients access the resources they need during the separation/divorce process.
Transition & Recovery Coaching
My role is to support my client’s during periods of significant life changes, transitions, or recovery from challenging circumstances. I provide guidance, motivation, and accountability to help clients navigate through these transitions and create positive changes in their lives. Here are some key aspects of what I do:
- Goal setting and action planning: I help clients identify their goals and develop actionable plans to achieve them. I assist clients in clarifying their wants, values and aspirations, and then work together to create a roadmap for progress.
- Support during life transitions: Whether it’s a career change, relocation, relationship change, or any other major life transition, I can provide support and guidance. I help clients navigate the uncertainties, challenges, and emotions that arise during these transitions, helping them adapt and thrive in their new circumstances.
- Accountability and motivation: I act as an accountability partner, helping clients stay focused and committed to their goals. I provide motivation, encouragement, and support, holding clients responsible for taking the necessary steps to move forward.
- Identifying strengths and overcoming obstacles: I help clients recognise their strengths and talents, empowering them to overcome obstacles and build resilience. I work collaboratively to develop strategies for managing setbacks, building confidence, and cultivating a positive mindset.
- Creating healthy habits and self-care routines: I assist clients in developing healthy habits and self-care routines that support their well-being during periods of transition or recovery. I provide guidance on managing stress, setting boundaries, and prioritising self-care practices that promote overall health and balance.
- Referral and resource network: I have a network of professionals or resources I can refer clients to. This may include therapists, support groups, career counsellors, or other specialists who can provide additional assistance during the transition or recovery process.
Overall, I can provide a wide range of services tailored to the unique needs and circumstances of each client. My goal is to provide support, guidance, and practical tools to help my client’s navigate the separation/divorce process and transition and recovery process with greater ease and confidence.
Bachelor of Law, LLB Hons
Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
CDC Certified Divorce Coach®
CDC Divorce Transition and Recovery Coach®
New Zealand Law Society
Otago District Law Society
Family Law Section
Property Law Section
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
Collaborative Resolution NZ Board Member
“Working with Jules was one of the best decisions I made during my divorce process. She provided me with the emotional support and guidance I needed to navigate the divorce. Her expertise and experience helped me to understand my options and make informed decisions. I felt empowered and in control of my own future. I highly recommend Jules to anyone going through a separation and/or divorce” – Jane
If you’re thinking about separation/divorce or going through a separation/divorce and are feeling overwhelmed, I am here to help. Sign up for a free 20-minute consultation today and find out how I can support you through this difficult time. I’ll provide you with personalised guidance, emotional support, and practical advice on how to navigate the separation/divorce process with greater ease and confidence.