I’m a Board Certified Divorce Coach® and a Certified Divorce Transition and Recovery Coach®. I work with women at any stage of the divorce process … whether they’re contemplating divorce, in the midst of divorce, or trying to heal and move on after divorce. They’re usually Moms, who are already busy juggling demanding careers while being the best possible Mom for their children.
If you landed here, you must be contemplating, or in the middle of, a divorce. You’re probably overwhelmed, scared, and maybe even angry and resentful. You have a million thoughts running through your head, and just don’t know how, or where, to start!
You’re worried about your kids? Finances? And how you’re going to keep it all together at work, and at home?
The first thing I want to tell you is everything you’re feeling right now is normal. Divorce is the 2nd most traumatic event in a person’s life. The only thing more traumatic is the death of a loved one!
And I know, because as the survivor of 2 divorces, I’ve stood in your shoes, and I know how you’re feeling!
When I was 27 years old, my parents announced they were ending their 30 year marriage. Theirs was the epitome of a “bad” divorce. There was mudslinging and putting the adult “children” in the middle…oh, the stories I could tell.
Then, my 17 year marriage came to an end, when my kids were 10 and 12 and I was working full time as a marketing executive managing 30 people. Because my then-husband and I had both experienced the “bad” divorces of our parents, we knew that we never wanted our kids to go through what we had, so we divorced amicably.
It’s because of my 2 divorces that I became a divorce coach. I’ve seen what a “bad” divorce looks like and I’ve seen what a “good” divorce looks like. I’m passionate about helping you improve the divorce experience for you and your children.
And here’s the thing … you don’t have to go through this alone. It’s just too much to handle, and there so much at stake. That’s where I come in. I have the extensive training and experience needed to guide you “successfully” through divorce.
So what does success look like?
- It’s when you can hold it together at work and still be a fully functioning mom …who’s present and there for your kids as they adjust to their new normal.
- Success is when you can have those difficult conversations with courage and clarity. You know what your priorities are …you stand up for yourself firmly, but gracefully. It’s when you’re able to respond, not react.
- And success is about your ability to tackle the business side of divorce. You’re prepared for meetings with your attorney … prepared to talk intelligently about your finances … knowing that being organized and focused is what’s going to save you time, stress and money in the long run.
- Success is being able to respectfully co-parent…maybe even putting aside past hurts and grievances, because you know that’s what’s best for your children
- And success is about being able to look back, when this is all behind you, proud of how you handled things, for yourself and your kids.
Yes, divorce is hard. It just is…but it doesn’t have to be catastrophic. I promise you, it’s possible to come through divorce not only intact, but moving toward a happier future.
If you’re interested in smoothing out the rough patches and creating a kinder , easier divorce for you and your children, take the first step and contact me to schedule a confidential, complimentary session with me. We’ll get to know each other, discuss your particular concerns, and see how divorce coaching can help. It’s free, and there’s no obligation.
So reach out to me today. I’m looking forward to meeting your and seeing how I can help.
Phone / text: 941-718-5462
Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training by Roadmaps for Resolution
The Empowerment Dynamic Training by Bainbridge Leadership Center
I don’t know how you consistently do it, but you always help me to figure out how to handle things better and how to manage not only my conflict-ridden divorce and troublesome parenting, but I come out of the call with as you say, knowing my next steps, feeling more in control of my responses and more at peace with what I can and cannot control. Working with you has been a lifesaver! Every time we meet, your thoughtful questions help me to figure out what I need to do and how I am going to get through this very tough time. I am so grateful that I was referred to you. You are awesome!
SMK, mom and part-time pediatric nurse.
Use the form below to request your complimentary session.